Here are the 8 main things that YouTube has Taught us in the last 8 years.
When we get so used to having something it is hard to imagine life without it. YouTube is a perfect example of this.
1. YouTube has taught us that we can record videos and have them on the web for the world to see within seconds. Before YouTube this was not a possibility. The best thing about this is that it’s free!!
2. Major organisations have also been able to use YouTube for their competitive advantage. TV was pretty much the only form of global advertising. YouTube has proved to be even better for some organisations. Obviously costing less, organisations can post advertisements straight away. And push it to be played. (not like TV where you have to hope the people are watching).
3. Music: Before YouTube the customer had to wait for radio and CD’s to released in shops. This changed drastically after YouTube. Songs are now posted up on YouTube for the world to see. YouTube has launched the careers of many famous bands and solo artists. Where would they be now without YouTube?
4. But it’s not just music videos. YouTube has a use for people of all professions. One good example of this is animation. Where would this person be now without YouTube?
5. You can literally type anything into YouTube and find a video. After all YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world.
6. It is hard to believe that YouTube is only 8 years old. Obviously it feels like it has been around a lot longer. This proves how important it is. And how much people rely on it. YouTube has found it’s way into every household and business around the world.
7. YouTube has made the internet a better and more competitive market place. Putting any old video on YouTube won’t win you the customer. The videos need to be witty, easy to understand and straight to the point.
8. It doesn’t matter what age a person is. Everyone can use YouTube for their benefit/enjoyment. Sometimes we believe that the older generation struggle with the web and technology in general. This is not the case with YouTube. So easy to use, even the older generation have embraced and taught us that it really is for everyone.